Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

5th Grade Math Review

This week, I did a math spiral review with my students to review the material we learned this year. Let me tell you... it was enlightening! I realized we have a lot more review to do before the end of the year! Here is my game plan: an escape review, a coloring review, and lots of flashbacks! 

Let's be Franco Math Activities

We are going to start with flashbacks. These flashbacks are 10 questions that spiral review the 5th grade standards. The students complete all 10 questions and write their answers on the page. Then, to make my life easier and provide instant feedback, the students can type their answers into a Google Form (provided). The students get their score right away and can determine which problems they missed. 

I am going to have the students use their notes and revise all the answers that they missed. I love that it provides instant feedback for the students and also helps me keep up on my grading! Check it out for FREE here :) 

Free Math Flashback
Then, we are going to pep it up! My game plan is to have a "Summer Party" and all the students are going to wear sunglasses and summer clothes. I am going to put all the escape clues around the room for the students to find - like a scavenger hunt! Then they will solve the math problems, decipher the codes, and see if they can escape the school! You can find it here

Escape to Summer 

 I have found a lot of success with coloring in my math classroom. We are going to review for our final test with this craftivity. Students solve 20 word problems to review all that was taught in the school year. Then, they will use their answers to determine how to color the summer picture! You can find it here

5th Grade Summer Math Review

Check out how cute the picture turns out! And BONUS it makes a great end of the year bulletin board! 


Summer Coloring 5th Grade Math Review
What is your favorite way to review for testing at the end of the school year? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...