Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Hand Self Portrait

Let's be Franco

Self portraits are a great way to get to know students! I love learning about each one of them while they draw or design their self portrait. I tried to do a self portrait one year where the students had to draw themselves. The problem was, some students were discouraged that they couldn’t draw. I wanted this to be a FUN activity not one where they got frustrated that their picture doesn’t look quite like them.

The Hand Self Portrait was born! I do this activity on the first week of school so that I can spend some time getting to know each student while they are creating the project. One of the ways that I introduce myself is by showing the students the one I made!


Let's be Franco

Here are the beautiful portraits of some students!
Hand Self Portrait

Hand Self Portrait


You can use this as a “get to know you” activity by having the students partner up at the end to present their partner’s portrait to the class. If you would like to take a closer look click HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...