Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Back to School Name Tag

The anticipation of going back to school is here! Well, almost... I am always filled with a mix of excitement and nerves as the new year arrives and I have to get to know 20+ students all at the same time! 

I absolutely love this name tag activity so the students can showcase their own personalities,  personalize their desks, and I get to know a little bit about what they like all at the same time!

First, I start by introducing myself. I share my name tag and what led me to draw each one of my letters. For example, sewing is one of my passions so a needle and thread makes my 'M' or I can't get enough of being outside; sitting under a tree with a coffee in my hand would make the best afternoon! 


Let's be Franco

After I introduce myself, the brainstorming begins! I have the students write down a long list of things they love to do, see, eat, play, etc. Once they have a list, they can start to see which ones will make which letters! It is a little tricky at first but so fun to see their creativity!

Some of my favorite letters the students have designed in the past are
- an atom for an 'o' for a student whose passion is math and science! 
- a roller coaster for an 'm'
- a soccer ball for an 'o'

I can't wait to see what this year's class will do! 
Let me know how you and your students liked the activity in your class :)

Visit my Teachers Pay Teachers for more fun Back to School ideas.  

1 comment:

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...