Pages

Friday, April 12, 2019

ABC End of the Year Bulletin Board

The end of the year is near! It may not feel like it but the end of the school year is closer than it seems. As one of my closure activities for the year, I like to make an ABCs of 5th Grade Bulletin board (but it can be adapted for any grade). Let me show you how it works... 


ABC Bulletin Board
Each student gets a letter and they design and color their letter based on something specific that happens in our classroom. I am lucky and in my classroom this year I have less than 26 students. With the leftover letters, I hand them out to whoever finishes first or a student that wants to make more than one letter. 
ABC Bulletin Board

With each of the letters, I make a bulletin board for this year's class to enjoy and reflect on all the events and fun of 5th grade! The best part is, I leave it up all summer and have a nice welcoming bulletin board for the new 5th graders! The new students love to see what is in store for them this year and the parents love it on Back to School Night! 

ABC Bulletin Board
My favorite part of this bulletin board is that it is so different every year and it really shows the class' personality and creativity. Also, that it saves me time during classroom setup time in the summer - one less bulletin board to set up! 

I included numbers 1-10 for those classes that might have more than 26 students! (1 is for) There is also a bunting banner for every grade! You could make your own or CLICK HERE to check out the one that I have created! 

Happy end of the year! 

What is something unique to your classroom that would be included on your alphabet?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...