Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Escape to Space Science Review

Class transformation meets NGSS space escape review. I was looking for a way to review before our space unit test and just wanted the lesson to be more engaging than a boring flashcard review. So, I created the space escape! 

Escape to Space

Let me tell you about my goal. I wanted to do a classroom transformation like the ones I have seen on Instagram and Pinterest. When I started hanging the bulletin board paper from the ceiling in order to create a black wall, I realized I was trying to be someone that I am not. I am simple. When I create a lesson, I want it to be easy to prep with a ton of engagement. 

Fast forward...
I took down the bulletin board paper and decided to make a scavenger hunt with my space escape resource! Check it out here. I taped the question on tables, on the wall, and under desks. It took 2 minutes! Next, I turned out the lights and cranked up the Star Wars theme song. I was ready!

Escape to Space

I paired the students up and gave them their decoding packet (part of the escape) to decipher the codes. I handed out 1 flashlight per pair and I was set! Students were running around the room, shining the flashlight to find the questions and were completely engaged in the lesson! This was my kind of classroom transformation: simple and fun! 

Do you have any other ideas for a transformation for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...