Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Classroom Jobs!

When I first started teaching 5th grade, I wanted everything to be perfect and I felt like it was hard to give up control of the classroom tasks. I sure have learned my lesson since then! 5th grade students are so helpful and when you give them responsibility. Giving the students jobs, helps them take ownership of what goes on in the classroom. 

Let's be Franco
 Now, 5th graders also think that they are older and wiser than their younger counterparts and deserve more responsibility. I wanted to create jobs and responsibilities that reflect their age group. 
Let's be Franco
 In my classroom, the students get "paid" in tickets if they do their job for the week. In order to get paid, they have to fulfill all the tasks described in the job description. Instead of me trying to remember what each person is responsible for, I put it right on the poster! 
Let's be Franco
 When I put the jobs up in my classroom, I print them in color and get them laminated right away. After I laminate, I put them up on the "Help Wanted" wall. I will put the students names on banner in the middle of the job posting in permanent marker. Throughout the year, as I change jobs, I color over the name with Expo marker and wipe clean to write a new name! 
Let's be Franco
Want to see more of my products? Click HERE to check out my TpT store.
Can you think of more jobs that should be added on to the list? Let me know!

You may also like the black and white version! 
Let's be Franco

1 comment:

Are you ready for game time? This football classroom transformation was perfect after the Super Bowl with my 5th graders! We reviewed adding...